Friday, February 5, 2010

Favorite Flowers


I try not to claim any flowers to be my favorite. Seems like right about the time that I would do so that surely I would think of another that was a close runner up, if not my favorite, of that moment. However, I was recently at the flower market and saw some of the most beautiful peonies and I have to say... if there was to be a favorite of mine, peonies would be it. I not only love each and every variety of peony and the unique shape that unfolds from each bloom, but their colors are just amazingly vivid and truly stunning. Corals, fuchsias, yellows, etc.. really they all are magnificent. So, as we all look forward to the buds of Spring coming about in the near future (yes, I know it is still not in our eminent future, but I like to sike myself out about this time of year thinking we are close to seeing grass!!) I am raising my glass of wine tonight to the peonies in all of their glory. They are my favorite.

...and never to be forgotten or far behind, flowering quince, flowering cherry blossom branches, flowering honeysuckle vines, David Austin roses, etc. etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment