Friday, March 12, 2010

Past wedding images

Of course I think that flowers are one of the most important aspect of a wedding. Aside from the bride and the groom, the location, flowers in my mind come next in terms of the priorities for the wedding day (probably if I did not think so, I should not be in this profession I would think..). However, close runner up in my mind is the photographer. I do not think that a decade ago that I would have felt so strongly about this statement. The way that a photographer shoots, not only the bride and groom, but the intimate details of the day make a world of difference when you are looking back at your wedding or event.

photo courtesy of Snapshots by Clare
The way that they capture specific details of the wedding bouquet, or the moments of emotion, the angle in which they take the images and the coloring is all truly and art that only a talented artist can create and produce successfully.

photo courtesy of Audra Welton photography
Unfortunately, I am not a photographer as well as florist. I would love to be both as then I could actually wonderfully capture each and every bouquet and floral design that I create. Instead I always ask the photographers to kindly shoot some images here and there for me and then reconnect with them after each wedding to collect the few images of my work. I am very fortunate to have worked along side of some amazing photographers in Maine and hope to work with even more to come.

photo courtesy of Angela Coloumbe photography

No comments:

Post a Comment