Saturday, January 16, 2010

re: Silver containers for centerpieces


There is something beautiful and vintage about a centerpiece designed with various shapes and sizes of containers. Aged silver containers bring the perfect look to the table, no pun intended, for this design. I personally do not tend to polish silver very often as I think that there is a very nice vintage quality about the scuff marks and tarnish that most silver pitchers, bowls and plates carry with them. My favorite tends to be when I find a piece that has an engraving on it. Typically brides who rent these containers from me with floral designs spilling out of them do not notice this very small hidden detail; however sometimes there are pieces that were a wedding present back in the sixties or were for a silver anniversary from a husband to his wife. It is nice to see these pieces turning over a new leaf, but carrying over a kind token of love and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment