Monday, June 14, 2010

Camden Wedding Flowers

This past weekend I had a wedding in Camden on Saturday and one in Phippsburg at Sebasco Harbor Resort on Sunday. It was a great weekend with the rain holding off kindly for both brides.
Both weddings were nice intimate gatherings and were in such wonderful locations. The Camden wedding was at the Whitehall Inn. The bride had a bold color palette of orange, fuchsia, yellows and vibrant greens. Her favorite flower was a must to include, sunflowers! She wanting something a bit different for her centerpieces and had seen images of a wedding from last year where I did oranges and peonies together...she fell in love! She let me play a bit with her ribbons and I enjoyed doing an embroidered yellow ribbon with green edging for her bouquet and a dupioni silk that was a beautiful cantaloupe orange color for the bridesmaids bouquets.
Here are a few images...






Excuse the crooked shot!

I have to make note of the crazy beautiful peach tree peonies within the arbor clusters... stunning!


For the other wedding, unfortunately as I downloaded images from Saturdays wedding on Saturday evening, I left the card for my camera in my computer....priorities were more on flowers I guess rather than photography. (I did however remember the camera to take on site for the wedding...it didn't do much good!) I created a sweet vintage look using light pink and white peonies with Queen Anne's lace and ranunculus for the personal flowers. For the reception she rented my aged silver teapot collection and I filled them with hydrangeas, peonies and Queen Anne's Lace spilling out of the containers. It was beautiful. I hope to share some images with you once I see some from the professional photographer.

And...here is the face behind the name! I recently was asked for a picture of myself and turns out that I do not have many. Well, let's just say I do not have many recent pictures of myself. I have plenty from when I was 9 months pregnant, in a hospital bed with a newborn looking lovely, or those great images when you bring a newborn home and you are so sleep deprived, but everyone just keeps taking pictures! Yes, those I have...and I would love to torch! My husband came along with me so that we could enjoy Camden a bit after my set up on Saturday. He decided to take some updated photos. As you can see here, it is nice that he still makes me laugh after many many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment