Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I just wanted to take a minute to say a Happy, Happy Mother's Day to all you mama's out there. For those of you who do not watch Modern Family, you should. The mother of three totally depicts motherhood as it really is and like no one else likes to tell it. Sure, motherhood is great, but man, those kids just suck the life right out of you! So I say a big old kuddos to all you sucked out mothers out there this mother's day...way to be!
On a more serious note, this is a bizarre mother's day for me. My oldest just does not seem so young anymore, and neither does my youngest really. As the oldest starts to read and is discovering herself, I feel like I just do not have any babies anymore. I feel like this mother's day I am kind of starting a new chapter in mommy-hood. I am starting to think that this one might have to deal a lot with my oldest not liking me that much, (which I thought would not be until the teenage years) and my youngest following suit. All the same, I do love my girls...even if they do like their daddy more. Oh well.
Oh and I did happen to get the best present ever for mother's day...yes, I already got my present! A maid for a day. What a great husband! (and great friend to push in the right direction! I love you Alex!) I hope that you all get maid's for a day as well and a huge bouquet of flowers or some lovely plants to enjoy this summer.
Happy, happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment