Friday, May 7, 2010

re: Happy Mother's Day





For those of you who do not know me well, I am a mother of two very sweet daughters. I truly feel blessed to have them as many a mom feels about their offspring; however it does not have to be unsaid that there are many a trying moments when you are a mother as well. I found this card for my mother this year that says, "Happy Mother's Day" on the cover with a picture of a mother face down on her bed, her three children basically running a muck on and around her bed with the dog. Then inside of the card it says, "Only the strong survive!"...oh how true. However, being a mother has done many things for me aside from just becoming a mother of two wonderful daughters and surviving (thus far!). It has given me and even bigger appreciation for the finer things in life...the little moments when the dishes are just left to sit stinky in the sink because the snuggle time is too good or the grass might not get mowed for a few extra days because there are just too many forget me nots in the grass to mow over. Even with my business, my girls have given me such an appreciation for various unique flowers that I get in. The more unique the better for my four year old, though her favorites are anything pink pretty much. Even my 18 month old yelling, "Flower, flower. Touch it pease?" is very enduring and sweet to think that she notices these live elements that are in our house. So with that said, I encourage, whether you are a mother or not this Mother's Day, to take advantage of any flower store sales and buy some flowers for your house or even pick some ferns from the woods, as it is so nice to enjoy these subtle beauties within our house that we often take fore granted. "Smell the roses!" as they say. I thank my daughters for reminding me daily to take a step back and do so.
And for all you mother's...happiest of Mother's Days.


No comments:

Post a Comment